Estate Planning on your own can be complicated and costly. And the list is endless...state taxes, bureaucracy, probate courts, unfair appraisals, health care concerns, eligibility of heirs, life insurance, IRA's, 401K's, annuities, burial or cremation costs, and intent regarding death-postponing treatment to name a few. Not knowing your legal and financial rights often ends up costing you more in the end.
Thoughts of estate planning often bring more questions than answers: Could an heir be too Young to inherit? Should the inheritance be given at a certain age? Is the intended beneficiary in a shaky marriage with divorce as a possibility? Are there children from a previous marriage? Should inheritance be protected from potential creditors of the heirs? Are there taxes that can be avoided? Are you able to avoid the probate court rules, delays, and costs?
Planning what happens to your estate when you're gone can seem frustrating and intimidating without qualified help.
You may feel that you're too young to care about estate planning. Or, perhaps the reminder of death makes you uncomfortable. You might be tempted to put the whole thing off, assuming that it will just take care of itself. In all cases, estate planning ends up saving your family lots of time, heartache and money.
DeAnn can help.
Every estate planning situation is different. In order to help you, DeAnn want to know you, your unique situation, and the nature of your relationships. DeAnn offers discussion, recommendations, and useful research tools to make your planning simple, efficient, and worry-free. DeAnn is available throughout the process for further discussion regarding questions, change of circumstances, and alternatives. At every step, DeAnn will be there with you.
DeAnn can help you...
- Clearly define your estate panning goals.
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts on law, finance, and taxes) if you need one.
- Evaluated and recommend estate planning options
- Prepare, organize and review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney.
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate.
- Lessen taxes at time death.
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death.
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want.
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
- Amend your plan as needed.
The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you don't need to do it alone. DeAnn is waiting to assist you through eavery step of the planning.
DeAnn M. Bogart, CPA
270 Main Street
Klamath Falls OR 97601
Tel: (541) 887-8130
Fax: (541) 887-8131